Splashing Into Learning (Taking Learning Outside)
COK: 3 hours of Curriculum
Children love to splash and make a mess with water. Learn how water can become your favorite learning tool and not just a mess!
- Consider and discuss the adult role and child interactions during designated play times.
- Identify the features of developmentally productive play- called “Pure Play”.
- Name the four phases of play and their characteristic observable play behavior.
- Develop strategies to set up a play environment for water play with different children in mind.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the positive impact that outdoor activities have on learning and development.
Care-giver coaching is also available with 2 additional clock hours
Some of these workshops may be available in shorter formats.