Preparing For Park Perfection
COK: 3 hours of Curriculum
Picture the perfect day, a park outing with children, a cheap learning adventure right in their own community. This is the child’s opportunity to explore their budding social skills, experience the diversity of society and practice the interpersonal benefits of collaboration. In this workshop we will look at safety do’s and simplify the task of planning a day of play at the park because perfection can be a just few simple steps away.
During this workshop participants will:
1. Understand how children develop social skills, experience diversity and collaboration in each play behavior phase.
2. Learn to recognize the signs of “pure play”.
3. Address the most common factors for child injury at the park.
4. Explore the four must haves for productive play: natural loose parts, tools, horizontal surfaces and a storage system.
5. Create a play plan for the park visit.
Some of these workshops may be available in shorter formats.